The “Flip to Win a Mitsubishi Mirage” contest (the “Contest”) is intended to be conducted in British Columbia only and shall be construed and evaluated according to applicable Canadian law. No purchase is necessary to participate. Participants must have reached age of majority at the time of entry. Void in whole or part where prohibited by law. Entry in this Contest constitutes acceptance of these contest rules (the “Contest Rules”)
- SPONSOR. The Contest sponsor is 1079259 B.C. Ltd, dba Tricity Mitsubishi (the “Sponsor”) with its head office located at 2060 Oxford Connector, Port Coquitlam, B.C. V3B 4H3.
- ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
- a legal resident of British Columbia;
- be in possession of a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance policy both in the province/territory within which he/she resides; and
- have reached the age of majority in his/her province/territory of residence. 19 In British Columbia
Employees and their immediate families (including those with whom they are domiciled) of Sponsor, Tricity Mitsubishi, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, governors, agents, their advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) are not eligible to enter the Contest. For purposes of this Contest, “immediate family members” shall include the mother, father, brothers, sisters, daughters, sons, partner or spouse of an individual (regardless of where any such “immediate family member” resides).
The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. Any information and/or material submitted by you pursuant to this Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest starts September 1st, 2017 and ends at 12:00 p.m. PST on February 3rd, 2018 (the “Contest Period”), after which time the Contest will be closed and no further Entries (defined below) shall be accepted. The PHYSICAL CONTEST starts at 1 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on February 10th, 2018 and ends at 3 p.m. PST February 10th, 2018.
- HOW TO ENTER. Tricity Mitsubishi. A total of 50 people qualify for the final physical contest starting February 10th, 2018. Between September 1st, 2017 and February 3rd, 2018 the following opportunities will be available to enter the contest.
- Visit www.winmitsubishimirage.ca. A maximum of 1 entry per person is allowed between September 1st, 2017 to February 3rd, 2018. Tricity Mitsubishi will randomly draw 25 people to participate in the Flip for a Mirage Contest.
- Tricity Mitsubishi will also select 25 final participants. All you will have to do is test drive a vehicle at Tricity Mitsubishi during the contest period. Finalists will be selected at random during a draw on February 5th, 2018. Tricity Mitsubishi may also run other opportunities to become a finalist. Details will be released on their website, www.tricitymitsubishi.ca.
- PRIZE. There is one (1) prize (the “Prize”) available to be won consisting of a 2018 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 5 speed manual.
- The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize is Fourteen thousand two hundred and sixty-eight dollars ($14,173 CDN). Winner is not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated ARV, if any.
- The Prize may not be exactly as shown in promotional materials. The colour and other specifics and options of the vehicle are determined by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion. Winner will not have the opportunity to make selections or request additional options or upgrades. Winner is responsible for all expenses which are not included in the Prize description herein, including, but not limited to: licensing, insurance, registration, and all related fees. The manufacturer’s standard warranty applies to the Prize vehicle.
- The awarding of the Prize is conditional on the winner being in possession of: (i) a valid driver’s license; and (ii) a valid automobile insurance policy, both in the Province or Territory within which he/she resides.
- Prize will be delivered to winner within approximately one (1) to two (2) weeks after winner has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein.
- Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its and its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason, without liability.
- WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIM CONDITIONS.
- At approximately 5:00 p.m. PST on February 5th, 2017 (the “Draw Date”) in Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Tricity Mitsubishi will select 25 finalists from entrants that participated in our test drive entry. Tricity Mitsubishi will also do a draw at that time and will select 25 finalists from online entrants. The contestants will be contacted by telephone (the “Notification”) within one (1) day after the Draw Date at the telephone number provided by the potential winner at entry, with further instructions on how to participate in the physical contest. If Sponsor is unsuccessful in reaching the contestant, for any reason whatsoever, the contestant will be disqualified and Sponsor may (but is not obligated to) select another entrant (until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein) or cancel the Prize, all at Sponsor’s sole and absolut discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of the potential winner to receive the Notification or for Sponsor to receive the potential winner’s response.
- The odds of being selected as a contestant depend on the total number of eligible Entries received by the Sponsor during the Contest Period.
- RELEASE. Contestant will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Confirmation and Release”) that confirms contestant’s: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of the Releasees from and against any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest and/or Prize related activity or the acceptance, use, misuse, or delivery of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of the Prize or any other property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsor the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor’s individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Confirmation and Release must be promptly returned to Sponsor within the timeframe required or the selected entrant may be disqualified and not eligible to win the Prize.
- INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from and against any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, including without limitation any claims of infringement of rights to copyright, privacy and/or personality.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for: (a) lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete Entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Confirmation and Release, (b) any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an Entry, (c) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, (d) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries, (e) any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e- mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing, (f) any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest or the Contest Website.
- CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest;
(c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any online property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including but not limited to criminal prosecution.
- PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
By participating in the Contest, entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the winner; (ii) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her Personal Information for administrative, publicity, and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsor may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of the Sponsor in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. By participating in the Contest, entrant agrees that all of Sponsor’s intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations used in relation to his Contest are owned by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- TERMINATION. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
- LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of British Columbia including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
- DISCREPANCIES. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Entry Form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Mitsubishi Motors. Mitsubishi Motors is completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to Sponsor and not Mitsubishi Motors.
PHYSICAL CONTEST – Flip It to Win It
The Flip it to Win It Contest (“Contest”) will begin at 1:00 p.m.(PST) on February 10th, 2018 and continue until 3 p.m. (PST) on Saturday February 10th, 2018. The Contest will be conducted at Tricity Mitsubishi in Port Coquitlam, BC.
The prize vehicle to be awarded to the winner of the Contest is the 2018 Mitsubishi Mirage (“Prize Vehicle”).
All decisions of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest are final.
This Contest may involve “reward-challenges” as determined by the Sponsor and its Contest judges. These challenges may result in the elimination of one or more participating contestants.
Persons selected as finalists (“Contestants”) must be present at the Contest location at 12:00 p.m. on February 10th, 2018. Those who are not present forfeit any claim to participate or win and will be disqualified. Finalists participating in this Contest will be provided coins to flip by the contest sponsor.
The participating contestants must correctly flip “heads” on their coin for each round. Contestants whose coin shows “tails” will be elimanated and another round of the remaining contestants will take place. This will continue until the last contestant remains. If a tie takes place (ex: last two remaining contested both flip “tails” then the two contestants will re-flip until only 1 flips “heads”
A representative of Tricity Mitusibishi will determine the logistics of delivery of the Prize Vehicle to the winner. Such delivery shall take place at the Tricity Mitsubishi dealership in Port Coquitlam, BC.
If any contestant is unable or unwilling to participate for any reason whatsoever, such contestant will be disqualified. An alternate will be selected at random from the original pool of potential contestants.
In the event that the area from which the Contest is being conducted must be evacuated, the Contest may be postponed until such time as authorities deem it safe to return to the building. The Contest will then re-commence from that point until its completion, unless the Sponsor opts to determine a Contest winner by holding a random drawing from among those participating contestants who remained in the flip to win portion of the contest at the time of the building evacuation.
The following guidelines are made a part of these rules and regulations and must be adhered to by all participating contestants. Failure to comply with any of these guidelines may result in immediate disqualification.
- There will be no smoking at any location within the Tricity Mitsubishi.
- No consumption of alcoholic beverages will be permitted.
- No indecent exposure will be permitted.
- No negotiations or collaboration pertaining to the Prize Vehicle among participating contestants will ever be permitted, nor may any participating contestant promote any business, individual or sponsor.
- No taunting, name calling, jeering or any other offensive language or harassment of anyone, at any time, by participating contestants or their associates, will be tolerated.
- In the event of any emergency of any kind, 911 will be called.
- Participating contestants shall have no physical contact with anyone while participating in the Contest in the Contest area.
- Participating contestants will be held liable for any property damage they, their family, or their associates cause to the Prize Vehicle or Tricity Mitsubishi property, whether such damage is caused intentionally or unintentionally.
- There will be no physical contact between participating contestants. There will be no offensive physical contact with anyone or any other form of patently anti-social behavior, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- The Prize Vehicle is non-transferable and may not be shared with any other participating contestant(s).
- Should a contestant be disqualified during the contest, that contestant will receive a prize to be determined by the Contest Sponsor.
- All decisions by the sponsors regarding the contest including but not limited to, substitution of prizes, winner selection, disposition of a prize, application and interpretation of rules, resolution of any dispute, contest location or contest eligibility are FINAL and not subject to appeal.
Participating contestants agree to hold harmless, 1079259 B.C. Ltd, Tricity Mitsubishil, all contest sponsors and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents from any and all claims, damages and expenses (including attorney’s fees) that arise from or are in any manner related to this Contest or the Prize Vehicle. The Sponsor reserves the right to change these Rules and Regulations at any time preceding or during the Contest, without prior consent or notice.